PDA

View Full Version : Sagging Door!

gvt
04-25-2005, 08:22
My drivers side door is sagging a little. The seal along the top of the door, by the windshield, is showing signs of wear and it takes a little more tug to get the door closed. I had the hinge pins replaced a few months ago, but that didn't seem to do much. Any thoughts on how to remedy this problem? Thanks

Iain
04-25-2005, 09:23
Just a thought, have you checked to make sure the striker is adjusted properly? If the door alignment is O.K. then the door won't scuff the paint at the bottom of the door frame. If the paint isn't scuffed, then the striker may need to be moved a bit.
Iain

Herman_Bolger
04-25-2005, 18:49
this may sound silly but, did you have the pin bushings replaced when you did the pins. it's usually the bushings that are bad, the pins do not normaly wear enough to make the door drop. to see if the door is aligned properly, remove the striker and close the door, the body lines on the door and cab should be very close to lined up. reinsert the striker pin and adjust so there is just a little lift when you close the door, this takes the load off the pins and places it on the striker. this makes the new pins and bushings last a lot longer. i'm doing mine right now. you may have to order the parts from the general, thats were we get are stuff from, it may be a little more money but it's quality stuff.