PDA

View Full Version : Injector Warrenty

Inspector
04-20-2010, 08:51
Has anyone had their LB7 fuel injectors replaced under the extended warrenty for balance rate problems? Good friend in BC who has an 03 that is about to run out of the extended warrenty is now having problems of smoke and it was diagnosed as bal. with 5 injectors. The dealer is telling him that they won't replace them unless the the injectors have failed at the nozzle. They are quoteing him a 5000 dollar canadian fix.
Comments?
Denny

THEFERMANATOR
04-20-2010, 21:50
The special policy only covers a certain failure which most of the LB7 injectors do not have.

Inspector
04-20-2010, 21:59
What would that certain failure be?
Denny

tufcj
04-21-2010, 08:42
I had my 03's injectors replaced in January, just 2 months short of 7 years, just over 100K miles.

They replaced mine because of high fuel return rates causing low fuel rail pressure. I did have at least one injector that really knocked at hot idle, which is why I took it to the dealer.

Bob
tufcj

More Power
05-03-2010, 13:18
Has anyone had their LB7 fuel injectors replaced under the extended warrenty for balance rate problems? Good friend in BC who has an 03 that is about to run out of the extended warrenty is now having problems of smoke and it was diagnosed as bal. with 5 injectors. The dealer is telling him that they won't replace them unless the the injectors have failed at the nozzle. They are quoteing him a 5000 dollar canadian fix.
Comments?
Denny

There appears to be some degree of latitude in how dealerships determine how/when the LB7 injectors can be covered by the extended warranty. Might be worth his time to get a second opinion.

Jim

Inspector
05-03-2010, 16:30
That was the first thing that I suggested. I also referred him to the vendors on the DP specifially John. That truck used to belong to me and Ron has taken really good care her. He is as fanatical as I was in its service. I have seen the truck every year since he bought it and she still looks show room perfect. I haven't heard from him for a couple of weeks now and looking forward to the outcome.
Denny