PDA

View Full Version : Body Lifts

Johnny McGhee
04-21-2010, 07:40
I have a 1995 Surburban 6.5TD, Does anyone know why I can not find a Body Lift Kit for my Truck. They are availabe for a gas trk. just not Diesel??

Hubert
04-22-2010, 14:50
Not sure if its the radiator alignment issue to the fan since shroud mounts to body and tendancy of the 6.5 to run hot? Or turbo gets close to fender and the air box is also a tighter fit.

The body is the same just might have little clearance issues here and there that can be overcome I think I have read. Just understand all the little nuances oil cooler lines and fan alignment etc to overheating.

There are many more "offroaders" in the gas world to market to as well. You can probably find a thread on it somewhere on here.

Robyn
04-24-2010, 06:17
There is no reason why you can't use a body lift for the gasser Burb.

Likely the vendors just did not spec it out. The Numbers of Diesel Burbs are so few as compared to the gassers.

The only issue I see is that the radiator shroud has to be either lowered or cut when you lift the body.

The diesels due require good airflow so the fan/shroud thing must be done right.

The rest of the lift spacers should all be pretty much the same.

Do this.

Get your Burb up close to a gasser of the same year/model of Burb.

Look over all the body mount locations and and compare the two.

I think you will find that with minimal mods that you can move ahead.

The thing with most aftermarket "KITS" is that "SOME modifications may be required"

Have fun and keep us posted.

Missy

Robyn
04-24-2010, 06:38
OOOOOOOOOOOOOK

Went to a few of the "LIFT KIT" vendors sites Online.

Yup they all say, "will not fit with diesel engine"

Thats BS

Here are a couple places that will slow things down some.

The air filter system will have to be worked over because raising the body will put things out of place for the inlet to the turbo to hook up.

The Oil cooler lines for the engine may be too short ???? Not sure about that.

I would call a few of the major builders of these KITS and put a foot on the back of their necks and get them to explain WHY the kit will not fit.

Get that info, bring it here and toss it out and we will beat this thing into submission. :D

I dont believe in CAN'T be done or WON'T Fit.

Likely the vendors just did not want to take the needed steps to make their kit work as an OUT OF THE BOX thing.

I have seen several Lifted Diesel Burbs, so it can be done.

Best

Missy

agidius
07-27-2010, 20:36
this is what I am looking for now.
I saw all the "will not fit diesel" sites.
need to get rid of tire rub, and already got an inch from the torsion bars.

agidius
09-04-2010, 17:21
made a few phone calls. I was told it will not fit because of intercooler piping issues.
I told the guy on the phone that they didn't come with an intercooler.
he told me I was wrong.