PDA

View Full Version : transmission trouble

Keith Gauthier
04-21-2010, 19:36
I have a transmission that had a transver case mounted to it, but I want to put it on my 2WD truck. The problem is the rear shaft is shorter and does not have a threaded end to put a bolt in it. How can I change the rear shafts? By the way Thanks for all the help.

Keith

Yukon6.2
04-22-2010, 07:48
Hi
What tranny is it? Not that it changes anything,you will have to take the tranny apart and change the shaft.Not an easy task because it's probly the first part you you put in the case when you put it together.
Thomas

DmaxMaverick
04-22-2010, 08:23
If the transmissions are otherwise the same, you'll have to swap the output rear housing, and perhaps the output shaft (depending on application). If the transmissions are not of the same model/series, you may have to locate/install the correct output housing/shaft, and perhaps some other mods.

Keith Gauthier
04-22-2010, 14:25
If the transmissions are otherwise the same, you'll have to swap the output rear housing, and perhaps the output shaft (depending on application). If the transmissions are not of the same model/series, you may have to locate/install the correct output housing/shaft, and perhaps some other mods.

The trany seem exactly the same, how big of a job is it to change the rear imput shaft. How do I figure out which tranys I have

Thanks