PDA

View Full Version : 13 Second 6.5TD - April Update

More Power
04-22-2010, 10:31
300+ Rear Wheel Horsepower
13-Second 6.5TD Race Truck

For most of the past 8-10 years, nearly all of the diesel performance news has been about the Duramax, the Cummins and the Powerstroke. The 6.5L diesel engine may not have been designed to compete at the track, but it has a whole lot more potential than many believe. Just as in the world of competitive auto or motorcycle racing, track events are an excellent venue to force the evolution of engines and performance products. Some of these developments trickle-down to the typical vehicle owner who is simply looking for perhaps a modest bump in performance or to improve reliability and longevity. Here's a good-news story about 6.5L Turbo Diesel performance that includes an in-depth look at what it takes to run in the 13's.

This article is available to subscribers in the Member's Area (http://www.thedieselpage.com/password.htm#features)

ronniejoe
04-22-2010, 20:15
Good job on the truck, John!

A note to Jim... it seems that some text is missing from a couple of paragraphs or my browser is messed up.:eek:

DaveBr
04-23-2010, 10:31
Pretty impressive John. Thanks for sharing your story. Maybe 2010 will be the year of the high 12"s.

john8662
04-24-2010, 18:29
Thanks guys, this truck still surpises me every time I drive it. I forget how well it actually runs.

12's are the next goal, naturally.

I'll be pretty much done with the project when it runs 12.90's or so. Working one something lighter and faster in the meantime.

J

Mark Rinker
04-28-2010, 18:24
Very cool. Very quick!

Robyn
05-02-2010, 08:34
Great Job.

Im looking forward to see where this all goes.

No doubt that the 6.5 can produce some very respectable power.

Have fun

Missy

suburbanK-2500HD
06-22-2010, 14:03
Hi, awsome truck.

i read about your comment about the Marine injectors.

you replaced them with another set with lower pop pressure, what is the reason for that ?
Isnt the pop pressure imortant in any way. Thinking of the spray pattern..... . just wondering.
I am about to installl a intercooler in my truck this summer.
Have started to modify another hood for the project.
Is going to install a top mounted cooler...

:)