PDA

View Full Version : Difference Between Baldwin B1428 and WIX 51060 Filters?

TurboDiverArt
09-19-2005, 05:51
Hi All,

Is there a difference between the Baldwin B1428 oil filter (stock replacement) and a WIX 51060 (also stock replacement)? I believe the Baldwin filter is a WIX filter, just wondering if there is any difference. I

Billman
09-19-2005, 10:21
The Baldwin does not have an Anti-Drain back valve. The Wix does.

I don't believe the Baldwins' are Wixes.

Typically the Baldwin's have a finer micron rating...

TurboDiverArt
09-19-2005, 11:29
Originally posted by Billman:
The Baldwin does not have an Anti-Drain back valve. The Wix does.

I don't believe the Baldwins' are Wixes.

Typically the Baldwin's have a finer micron rating... I checked the Baldwin site, it does have an anti-drain back otherwise it can't be used on a 4WD truck without the filter emptying when the engine is off. I

DmaxMaverick
09-19-2005, 13:32
Both are excellent filters. Wix and Baldwin manufacture their own filters. Mdrag did an internal comparison some time back. Wix and baldwin both scored high, but were obviously of different construction.

Billman
09-19-2005, 13:41
I completely missed that one, Art. I was looking at the 'Related To'.

Sorry for the Mis-Info...

FleetFilter.com
09-19-2005, 15:51
As a seller of Wix, I'll tell you what I know. As for filters, go with Baldwin, Donaldson, Wix, or FleetGuard. Naturally, the Wix are the easiest to come by, and I think they're excellent filters, but all the above make an excellent filter that will easily do the job.

What you'll find in the filter industry, however, is that Baldwin, Wix, FleetGuard, Donaldson and others will routinely buy from each other and put the filter in thier own box. In many cases, it's easier to buy from your competition and resell it than it is to manufacture your own. I've called all the above four and each has admitted that they do exactly that.

Interestingly, within the filter world, none of the aformentioned companies will buy from Fram and repackage them. They are not considered to be OEM or better by their peers.

Buy a quality filter; it's worth it.

TurboDiverArt
09-20-2005, 01:26
Originally posted by FleetFilter.com:
As a seller of Wix, I'll tell you what I know. As for filters, go with Baldwin, Donaldson, Wix, or FleetGuard. Naturally, the Wix are the easiest to come by, and I think they're excellent filters, but all the above make an excellent filter that will easily do the job.
Hi,

The reason I has asked was that I saw your ad banner (advertising does work) and decided to check out the filter for my truck. When I saw the number it looked a lot like the number for the filter I use on my racecar (external filter). I checked it out and the truck and racecar use the same filter and the racecar uses way more filters in a year than the truck. Nice to know I only need to stock one filter. I'll be putting in an order for a case soon with you guys.

Art.

FleetFilter.com
09-20-2005, 18:37
I saw your ad banner (advertising does work) Nice to know that - the site moderators ought to be glad too.

332bill
09-21-2005, 05:07
Fleetfilter: I placed an order yesterday. Your prices for the 6.5 fuel filter can't be beat.

Bill