PDA

View Full Version : Is a Duramax Tailpipe Interchangeable With a 6.5 Pipe?

TurboDiverArt
09-19-2005, 06:09
Is a Duramax Tailpipe Interchangeable With a 6.5 Pipe?

Yes I know the Duramax is bigger, I think it

More Power
09-19-2005, 12:16
Some have used the Duramax tailpipe on their 6.5. Bends should be OK. Not much chance of the hangers being in the right place, but any competent muffler shop could help there.

Jim

dieseldummy
09-19-2005, 20:00
I'm one that has used the Duramax tailpipe. The bends are pretty close, the most rear hanger worked in my setup, but that was about it. The muffler and other parts will not fit in my experience. So at a bare min. a new hanger or two will be required as well as some welding.

TurboDiverArt
09-20-2005, 00:57
Originally posted by dieseldummy:
I'm one that has used the Duramax tailpipe. The bends are pretty close, the most rear hanger worked in my setup, but that was about it. The muffler and other parts will not fit in my experience. So at a bare min. a new hanger or two will be required as well as some welding. Thanks, I was about to ask about the rest of the system, now I know.

Guess I have to post in the Duramax forum to see if anyone wants to get rid of their stock tailpipe.

I replaced the stock muffler with a 3

david
09-20-2005, 21:39
I have a muffler and tail pipe from a ford on my 96 chevy and on my son's 2000 gmc we have a duramax system. :eek: :eek:
David

TurboDiverArt
09-21-2005, 01:15
Originally posted by david:
I have a muffler and tail pipe from a ford on my 96 chevy and on my son's 2000 gmc we have a duramax system. :eek: :eek:
David I had actually wondered about a Dodge system. My buddy replaced his stock Cummings system. I forget the size but I think it's 3.5-4.0.

Art.