PDA

View Full Version : double female connector

Truckie117
05-01-2010, 14:29
HI
I am looking for the double female connector for the pmd extension harness does anyone know where I can get one.
Thanks
Mike

More Power
05-01-2010, 15:56
GM and its electrical suppliers never offered one. The aftermarket has, which is part of a PMD relocation extension harness. www.kennedydiesel.com (http://www.kennedydiesel.com) sells one that is weatherproof on both ends.

Jim

Truckie117
05-01-2010, 17:19
Yes I bought my Harness from Kennedy but when I recently replaced my Injection pump I left the connector on the pump I returned to the rebuilder.

More Power
05-01-2010, 17:58
Give him a call. In this case he might be willing to help you out... :)

Jim

Truckie117
05-01-2010, 18:02
I emailed him today thanks I was just wondering if there was a local source.

Truckie117
05-03-2010, 17:10
Here is a picture of the culprit. My own fault I went to the video I was taking of the repair so it would help my memeory. Too late so John counting on you.

Truckie117
05-11-2010, 09:01
Where do they sell the male connector to mate to the injection pump that I could put on an old Kennedy extension harness?

More Power
05-11-2010, 12:54
An authorized Stanadyne service shop would likely have one. I do as well. You can have it for the postage. Just to verify, this is the short harness that connects to the fuel injection pump, beneath the front part of the intake manifold.

Jim

Kennedy
05-11-2010, 19:33
Our first version used a coupler to join 2 male plugs together with a double ended pin in between. There was a second version that had the double ended pins molded into a slim coupler. The latest version is direct wired moulded plug.

We have the first version couplers left over, but not the second version which appears to be what you have. What you would need to use the empty coupler is a set of the double ended pins.

Might be best to just start with a new harness.

Truckie117
05-11-2010, 20:10
Thanks the connector I am looking for connects the wire from the pump to the PMD. I have a picture of the connector and the extension connector. I think JEGs has the connectors male and female in a set I will just replace the end of my extension harness with the proper end. Another question is there a gasket between the turbso and the exhaust manifold didn't look like there was but just wanted an opion.
Thanks everyone

racedaymechanic
05-14-2010, 14:22
this is what your looking for http://www.casperselectronics.com/store2/product_info.php?cPath=53&products_id=1287

Truckie117
05-20-2010, 21:04
Thanks
Thats the one! Got It Now if I can remember where all the wires connect on the drivers side and where the wire connects from the alternater connects to.

Truckie117
05-29-2010, 19:44
Well Thanks for all the help out there I got Her Running but I get a code for timing I cleared the codes and tried to koko but the code comes back truck runs real good with new pump and injectors. will have to try it again and hook up my car code to it but I have to figure out how to use car code to adjust the timing.
Thanks again for all the tips and help
Mike