PDA

View Full Version : Dmax into an 84 K5 Blazer

Robyn
05-02-2010, 16:18
OOOOOOOK

When it comes to 6.2/6.5 stuff I can build them in my sleep.
Now a DMAX is a Horse of a totally different color :eek: and I think I may have seen two up close and personal.

Now I just got back in my possesion an 84 6.2 Blazer. (Dead engine)

There is an easy fix for this as I have a good 6.2 and could do a 6.5 TD

I have given thought to a Dmax, hell I even thought about stuffing a Power stroke 7.3 in there But that would be a real PITA.

The Dmax will work fine in a modest power level with a 4L80 tranny and I can make that easily fit the Blazer.

What can be done for a very basic (Minimal hookup) to get the DMax and the 4L80 to operate in the 84.

I dont want to rip the wiring all out of the 84. I want to leave the stock dash and instruments too.

Seems that there should be a way to sort out just the stuff needed to run the engine and tranny and let the rest go by the wayside.

I want to use the LB7 engine and a 4L80 box.

Now all this is based on IF I can find a donor rig thats been crashed CHEAP :eek:

Out here in the North West stuff holds it price real well.

Looked at a couple 2001 trucks that were trash and they wanted $8 K for the cheapest one.

Both were quite driveable but just dirty and ratty inside with some dents and dings.

Any thoughts along these lines would be worth kicking around.

For the $$$$$$$$$$$$ I am seeing for a donor, I can build one helluva 6.5 TD and stuff in the truck.

Thanks

Missy