PDA

View Full Version : Heath lift pump

joe hatfield
04-25-2005, 18:24
got the 93 up and running. all was well untill it would not start today. i changed the fuel filter and tryed to fill the bowl with my bypass switch. it took 15 minutes to fill the bowl. removed the filter and checked the fuel flow, almost 0. looked at heaths site and could only find lift pumps listed for for 94 and newer (even in the section listed for 93). my question is would i be better off converting to a holly blue label pump or heaths. anyone with any experience with boths pumps your input would be appreciated.
by the by who is this guy from dr. diesel he sounds like a lunatic. if i were kenndy i think i would make a concerted effort to take him behind the barn and kick the holy livin **** out of him. this guy needs a serious attitude adjustment.
Joe

Billman
04-26-2005, 02:21
I have had bad experiences years ago with both the Holley 'Blue' & 'Red' pumps.

Not reliable at all...

Kennedy
04-26-2005, 05:04
What is the good Dr up to now?

I would second the Holley comments and add in Carter and most other electric pumps. AC Delco has been the best for direct replacement pumps for the 6.5

It will be a bit yet, but I have a control circuit/harness and special lift pump in development that should solve all OPS and lift pump problems...

joe hatfield
04-26-2005, 05:30
so i take it that using the GM Delco is probably the best bet for replacing the lift pump? Kennedy tell me more about the h-p pump your developing i.e. when do you think it will be out? i am getting tired of replacing pumps, this will be the 4th or 5th in 250,000 miles. have no idea what the dr. is doing i was reading some of the post at netscam, he reads like someting out of psycho! anyway i'll pickup a delco pump tonight and install it this weekend. whats a good price for that pump.
joe

Cowracer
04-26-2005, 09:44
Originally posted by kennedy:
[QB] What is the good Dr up to now?

JK,

FYI I have been in contact with the owner of the DieselDoctor site, and I am convinced that not only do they not have a relationship with "The Saucy One" but they really cant stand him either.

At anyrate I am having a good time at his expense. You should read up on it. More fun that a comic book. He has taken to making claims that you, Heath and SS Diesel Supply are now secretly meeting to pay me cash to slam him. :D

It just keeps getting weirder and funnier!

Cheers!
Tim

AndyL
04-26-2005, 10:41
I hope no association is made between him and my Email address listed below!

332bill
04-27-2005, 05:27
Andy, Autopartsgiant.com has the ACdelco pump for $75. I think shipping is free with a purchase over $50. I bought my pump from them and everything went great.

Bill

slagona
04-27-2005, 09:07
As a side note, it was stated a while back that higher volume lift pumps could cause a problem with frothing in the fuel tank.

Remember that fuel is contstantly circulating from the tank, through the injectors, through the injection pump, and back to the tank. Excessive volume could contribute to frothing in the tank.....

So, it may be wise to stick to an OEM type lift pump.

--Scott

sk8rdi16
04-29-2005, 20:44
I am using the Holley blue pump on my Vegetable oil conversion side. It seems to be pulling the veg fairly well. I do have one problem though, it idles high (~1000rpm) after driving interstate for a while. Could this be related??