PDA

View Full Version : Help I need to get to the Finish Line

Truckie117
05-22-2010, 11:48
HI
I am almost done connecting everything up after replacing the IP.
I am left with one plug I dont know where it goes I will post a pic.
All the connectors seem to only mate with there mates. Is there any way to miss attach a connector in the harness or do they only have one mate.
Thanks
Mike

Truckie117
05-22-2010, 12:04
Here are the pictures of the plug and harness
This is the drivers side and the plug comes out of the same place as the engine temp sensor.
I just cant remember where the red plug goes. Hate to fire this up and fry everything.
Thanks

rameye
05-22-2010, 16:01
it would be helpful if you had the general location of this plug...but pretty much you can only hook things up one way...so go for it..

It might go to the top of the inlet manifold...

Could also go to the crank sensor....or a temp sensor...one is on the water inlet.....

Look around it will be obvious..

enjoy

94bluehd
05-22-2010, 21:34
Did you pull the front cover off? It sure looks like the crank position sensor. I am in the middle of installing phazers and 97 cooling mods right now. When I get back to it tommorrow, I will look and let you know if you are still stuck....

Truckie117
05-22-2010, 21:35
Found It was the connector for the power steering pump didnt know there was a connection there although i did disconnect it. We are ready to finish up now connect all hoses and fill with water first. Any special procedure to starting up with a new IP?
Thanks
Mike

Robyn
05-23-2010, 07:48
Yank the glow plugs out to releave the compression

Make sure you have air free fuel to the inlet of the IP

All other connections tight and ready to go.

Spin the engine until fuel mist comes out the glow plug ports.

Install glow plugs

Start as normal

Engine may miss and sputter a little at first but will clear out quickly.

Removing the glow plugs greatly speeds the process and really takes the stress off the starter and batteries.

This is a procedure that I have followed for years.

The engine also will spin at a much greater RPM, thus speeding the process.

The injectors bleed air out fast too as the IP is not having to fight the 400 PSI compression pressures.

Have fun and good luck.

Robyn