PDA

View Full Version : Help...cooling mods and now extra part???

94bluehd
05-23-2010, 22:45
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I put in a set of phazers and upgraded to the 97+ cooling mods as well. That phony clamp thing where the heater hose goes into the cross-over is leaking. Has anyone else had to deal with this? what is the solution?

Also......I have an extra part??????? pic attached. What is it and where does it go????????

ronniejoe
05-24-2010, 03:59
That extra part goes from the intake manifold bolts to the back of the alternator.

rameye
05-24-2010, 09:43
too funny...I just finished my cooling upgrade..

K ,you have 2 options for the leaking faux quick connect clamp thing..

Option 1: You can purchase a new quick connect fitting at Autozone in the Help/Dorman section

Option 2: (better option) You also can purchase a pipe thread to hose fitting also at Autozone .

This will require you to can the pre-made metal/rubber heater hose,
Buy a length of heater hose
Buy a new heater plastic tee...(the one at the rear of the engine has 2 different sizes, you will be making everything the same size)
Get some new clamps

20 bucks you are on your way!

I had to do this as the quick connect fitting ended up tight against A/c compressor...a bad thing to do. Works terrific!

rameye
05-24-2010, 09:47
PS when you go to mount the PS pump/hydroboost pump you will most likely have to grind it to fit with the new upgraded water crossover....dont freak....some people report having to grind the alternator bracket...I did not have to do that.

good luck

94bluehd
05-24-2010, 22:28
Yeah, I had to grind it. Also got the "extra" part back where it goes?!?!?!?!

Got the mods all in and the phazer set. WOW!! What a difference in throttle response! Only ran it about 90 sec. Service it and new PMD tomorrow! Also put a 9 blade fan and upgraded fan clutch in..

rameye
05-25-2010, 04:19
Yes it does really work... I have the super fan also

I climbed some seriously long steep grades...kept my foot in it...and my temp only picked up 10 degrees...maxed out @ 195

The problem is it runs to cool now...I have to reconfigure the thermostat temps..

Enjoy