PDA

View Full Version : looking for wiring diagram for 1997 6.5

Docfranco
12-29-2004, 11:42
Hi all
I am swapping a 1997 6.5 TD into a 1980 Scout II and need to find the wiring diagram and schematics for a 1997 6.5. most of the manuals i have found are more for the truck and not the engine. But i need more than just the schematics to see where/ how the harness is hooked up. thanks for any insight or ideas...
DocFranco

rjwest
12-29-2004, 14:50
Install a mech Injection pump, Throw out the rest of the stuff......

Had an 80 scout 2 diesel,
Best darn diesel made... Don't need no stinkin lectric..... Pull the fuel shut off cable, push it down the hill, run it to there ain't no more fuel...

If they only didn't RUST...

HowieE
12-29-2004, 15:09
I have the 97 shop manual but GM does not give a complete schematic they show individual circuit and that makes it very hard to invision the whole job. There is however a section in the shop manual that shows connector location. I would check with some Stealers and see if they might sell you an old manual. Most larger Stealer will have more than one per year and may be willing to reduce the inventory back to 97.
Are you going to use the 97 electronic injection system and thus the computer or are you converting back to mechanical injection?

Docfranco
12-29-2004, 16:27
For now i am planning to use the electronic injection. if i start to have the E fuel pump problems, then i will go mechanical.
Maybe this is an obvious question, but has cheverolet admitted they really messed up the E pump? it seems like its kinda obvious they messed up and i dont see any fix from them other than replacement with another defective pump. are they all crap? or are there some good ones...?

Govt issue
12-30-2004, 12:09
I have all the digrams and conector locations you need. Let me know what you want and I will send it to you. I need an email address that can handle some atachments. I will have to scan the papers in this weekend let me know. Alldata, Mitchell, Identifix

Docfranco
01-01-2005, 14:20
That would be great. I will need the ECM harness diagram and the 4L80E connections to the main harness. there may be other parts i need but won't know until i get to em. you can send to docfranco(at)yahoo.com
thanks