PDA

View Full Version : Help please!

gndhog
05-31-2010, 08:28
hey guys,
i have an 03 that when i turn the key i get nothing, tried to jump it..nothing. replaced the starter turned the key and it started, turned it off and nothing again! replaced the nuetral saftey switch hooked the batteries back up, it started turned it off, nothing. it will start if i turn the key to the on position and i jump the starter though. started looking at the fuses and noticed that there is no power on the fuse block inside the door jam. all guages, lights etc are working howerver. There is power on the fuses under the hood. any help would be greatly appriciated.

DmaxMaverick
05-31-2010, 10:29
When you say "nothing", do you mean it doesn't crank, or no power at all? When you turn the key, do the glow plugs cycle? Everything else look normal? How old and what's the condition of the batteries and terminals? Poor battery performance or terminal/wiring issues can cause a number of problems, including a no start.

Fuses aren't usually an intermittent problem. If the rest of the electrical system is healthy, it's probably the starter relay (underhood fuse box), or the ignition switch. You can swap the starter relay with any other relay of the same number (swap it with another one with the same numbers on it). Cheap fix, if that's all it is.

gndhog
06-13-2010, 05:04
i got that probem solved. thanks for your help. so now i was driving and it just died, pulled over and i had power, it cranked, looked at fuses under the hood and the *1, 25 amp fuse or EDU fuse was blown, i replaced it and it keeps blowing. had it towed to the shop and waiting for an answer to this problem.