PDA

View Full Version : CarCode program

Truckie117
06-01-2010, 11:14
HI
Got my Truck up and running seems to run great but comes up with timing code P1214 tried to koko after clearing code but still have code.
I have car code scanner but dont know how to really use it the inteface is not user friendly.
Do I need to move my pump to get it to set timing is it too far out of wack but still runs great. will put down the pump timing later tonight. Also I made sure engine was at proper temp when KOKO. New pump new iinjectors new PMD #5 resistor.

More Power
06-01-2010, 11:32
The code 12 is always there whenever the computer is correctly communicating with the data port. It's all perfectly normal.... ;)

Jim

Truckie117
06-01-2010, 15:44
I used a reader and the code is P1214 timing. Since the truck runs good How far off could I be? Does anyone have car code what setting should I use for this truck?
Thanks
Mike

Truckie117
06-01-2010, 19:39
Pump turning tool
does anyone have dimensions to make one? Or where do they sell reasonably priced one.

Warren96
06-03-2010, 06:58
I don't use a special tool to set my timing. Just mark the housing so that you have the original settings to fall back on, And then get busy trying to loosen that 15mm nut on the bottom of the pump. I use a '' Gearwrench combination '' BOX wrench on mine. Once you see how slick they work you will wonder how you ever did repairs without them.