PDA

View Full Version : LB7 Injector removal tool

mattb5150
06-09-2010, 08:31
Does anyone have an injector removal tool to loan or sell?

Matt

More Power
06-11-2010, 09:27
I don't have one of these either, and I'm not sure I want to spend the $150+ for one. There is an alternative... A local diesel shop has one, and they've agreed to pull the sleeves/cups if I take the heads to them. This might be a solution for others as well - as in take the heads to someone in your area who has the puller...

Use heavy cardboard to protect the aluminum heads from dents and dings when transporting the heads.

Jim

Kennedy
06-11-2010, 13:23
If I could find my second unit (actually mine) I would gladly send it, but these things have had a habit of not coming back. I used to have 3 of the 6.5 injector sockets. Now I have one. The LB7 tool that I have presently is not mine so I can't loan it.

I'll have a look around though. My other tool may acrtually be here. Sometimes (quite common) when someone picks up after me things end up where they don't belong...

9365turbo
06-18-2010, 22:09
I had a local shop pull mine. Tools are nice to have,but how many times are you going to be pulling injector cups?

filipinoredneck
07-10-2010, 19:40
When I pulled mine I used an injector line and screwed in the fitting from the fuel rail onto the injector and carefully used an small prybar or rollbar and used the bottom corner on the nut. Useally takes about 2-3 trys.