PDA

View Full Version : BARN DOOR INSIDE RELEASE?

DA BIG ONE
12-31-2004, 00:55
Having barn doors on my 99 2500 burb and no way to open them from within I have been wondering if any burbs, tahoes, or, had an interior door release as an option?

If so, I need the year and model so I can get parts to retro fit to my burb!

tanker
12-31-2004, 02:06
I've never seen such an item, and I've been around a lot of suburbans. I suppose one could make some kind of release. Question, why would you need this? :rolleyes: Just wondering. ;)

DennisG01
12-31-2004, 11:30
Same here - have never seen or even heard of an inside release.

TurboDiverArt
12-31-2004, 18:14
Originally posted by tanker:
I've never seen such an item, and I've been around a lot of suburbans. I suppose one could make some kind of release. Question, why would you need this? :rolleyes: Just wondering. ;) Probably the same reason you need a lock release button on the inside back... I've wondered why you can lock and unlock the door all the way in the back but you can't open it from the inside. Seems strange to me!

Art.

catmandoo
12-31-2004, 20:44
probably a safty issue,didn't want some stupid kid opening the door goin down the hi-way and falling out.

DA BIG ONE
01-10-2005, 22:05
Turns out the setup is aftermarket from armored vehicle retro fitters.

The suburb is the most used by gov types, and they need the barn door interior release feature.

slagona
01-11-2005, 03:56
I use the barn door lock/unlock feature from the inside all the time. Grab the hockey gear, groceries, whatever and hit the lock button just before closing the door. Oppps, kids are slow getting out or got out or forgot their hat - hit the unlock button without having to dig my keys out of my pocket. Very convenient. Even better is the delay in the lock on the barn door - slam it shut - opps forgot my..... Just open it right up again - locks 5-10 seconds after the door is shut....