PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice

westport70
06-28-2010, 09:48
Last week my truck started periodically on start up to go to limp mode, easy to sidestep just shut it off and go again. Well today it acted like it wanted to run away, using the brake it would go to normal a couple times i shut off the key and restarted normal again. I got to my shop and checked codes. Codes are 18,32,33,34,35,54,74. I have checked grounds and lift pump they are fine , any help would be appreciated. Thanking you in advance {injection pump has 95000 on it}

JohnC
06-28-2010, 13:03
I'd check the connectors where the engine harnesses connect to the chassis behind the valley. Then, clear the codes and see what comes back. You've got a couple of different types of pump codes and a bunch of egr codes.

westport70
06-29-2010, 10:36
To remove codes i have read to hold down excelerator pedal and brake at same time also to remove ground from batteries for a period of time , which is correct or are either ?

suburbanK-2500HD
06-30-2010, 12:08
To remove codes i have read to hold down excelerator pedal and brake at same time also to remove ground from batteries for a period of time , which is correct or are either ?

Put your truck info on the signature, its easier to reply then.....