PDA

View Full Version : HVAC still not working?

72Blazerod
06-29-2010, 20:44
Hi Guys,

I was referred to an HVAC thread here and asked some questions on that thread, but received no reply. (My truck is a 2006 GMC 2500 Crew Cab with dual zone A/C). My driver's side A/C runs cold for a while then it blows out warm air. It works properly if I shut the truck off and turn it back on. The other thread said that this problem was linked to an error code coming from the HVAC. What I want to know is can I clear this code with a plain-jane (read "cheap") OBDII reader? I haven't used an OBDII reader before so any tips would be handy. Anybody know the code number?

Thanks,

Rod

Kennedy
06-30-2010, 08:15
I haven't tried the Roadi that we sell on the BCM, but sure think it would. It definitely handles the powertrain stuff. For the price it's quite reasonable and if it does not do it I can work with the mfr to get it updated to do so. Unfortunately (or fortunately) my truck has not acted up.

Q: Are you setting your temp to a "normal" setting or are you cranking the temp all the way to the limit?

There was a programming update for the doors going beyond teh limit and setting codes. I have yet to address this with mine, but again it is working fine as is.

joshua1
07-02-2010, 10:11
Rod,

Please post any permanent solution you find.
Will follow your thread for updates.

Thanks,

Paul S.

More Power
07-07-2010, 10:41
Several other systems in these trucks can be closely examined by a technician using a Tech II scan tool. I'd like to know whether a Tech II can activate/test/evaluate the A/C systems and air handling components. Your dealer service department could help answer this question before a service visit is scheduled.

Jim