PDA

View Full Version : New OEM Fuel Filter Cost

Spoolmak
06-29-2010, 21:08
I replaced the fuel filter today and was staggered to pay $ 94.00 Canadian, plus of course 12% taxes. Yikes!!! The previous OEM filters I bought were $40. And the newest double pleat design apparently doesn't last as long....The parts fellow just said the new filters doubled in price.

Is that really so, or was I just being robbed???

Tor

DickWells
06-30-2010, 07:57
Interesting. You may have been reading my questions regarding these issues, in this Forum. I think I mentioned that the latest RaCor filter at Burlington Diesel took a big jump in price, recently. And, there are lots of comments by the experts from the Diesel Page. I'm still confused, and concerned. I'll be augmenting my filter, pump system before I head out on the road again.

Kennedy
06-30-2010, 09:13
Even shipping to Canada we can get you a the Baldwins for a much lower per filter cost than that. Price is better yet on a 6 pk.

Spoolmak
06-30-2010, 17:55
Did some digging today on filter prices. I could get Baldwin for $40 Canadian, and Canadian Tire - of all places - carries the Racor filter for our engines for $42. Sure beats the $94 (after my ususal 15% discount) from the dealer.

I'm not sure I want to get into the bulk purchase until I know the 2011 Duramax takes the same filter. I'm thinking of upgrading later this year.

Tor