PDA

View Full Version : Look what Mr. Kennedy has sent me? (4911)

fullsizeBlazer
07-01-2010, 23:49
:DHello again,

here's my sweet new pump:

DB4911

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/1193/img2606e.jpg

fullsizeBlazer
07-01-2010, 23:52
brand new stanadyne 4911:

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/3746/img2608v.jpg:cool:

I also got new injection lines & new intake & exhaust mainfolds, a new flywheel and a new wiring harness & new gasket and an "almost new" 6.5 TD engine!

I'm really looking forward to installing all this stuff on my 6.5.

I already degreased & repainted the engine with engine enamel. It now looks like a brand new 6.5.

(Tough it is "only" a 98 509 block I think it will hold up fine in my little K5. Got a new engine oil cooler and HD cooling with dual thermostats too :cool::cool::cool:)

Greetings

Florian

Pelado
07-02-2010, 06:11
Well you are a lucky guy, cause a couple of months ago, I was in the market for a 4911 and I only got negatives from most vendors, including John.
He was helpfull but he told me he couldn't get one without a core. (wich I don't have since I'm swaping out a DS4). I've tried other vendors without luck.

Anyway, the top honors for the WORST SERVICE goes to US dieselparts in MIssoula MT, the had the pump in their webpage for you to order it, (through their system) they processed the order, sent me a confirmation email and all.
After two weeks without news, I've called them to ask what was going on with my order, and the guy who answered the phone start and interrogatory asking me where did I got that part? How did I came with that odd part number? Finally when he shutted up and let me ask him about the order He told me they couldn't get one, even if they can they would not sell it to me without a proper core and finally even if they had it and I could get a proper core they would not sell one to me because I was out of the States and they don't do international shipping. I told him shipping was to my forwarder's warehouse in Miami, and he anyway told me they would not deal with me. Sucker.
I've mentioned I was a dieselpage member, that Jim pointed me to their shop as a good place to get a MFI pump, and I told them they were less than helpfull and plain rude with a prospective customer.
I think I told him what they can do with their Injection pumps but I'm not sure since it was a couple of months ago and I was very angry.

Finally Jamie Avant came to rescue selling me a rebuilt one, plus a lot of good parts I needed to complete my engine (came from a wrecked Suburban) including PJ dual idle gears and a turbomaster.

Ahh and the pump was a lot cheaper than what I was ready to pay for a brand new one.

Robyn
07-02-2010, 06:12
Looking good.

Yessssssssss the "506" 6.5 will probably be a great engine for the little K5

What year K5 ???

Missy

fullsizeBlazer
07-02-2010, 08:32
Hey,

it is a 84 K5. At the moment I'm just installing my new (new old stock! Sliding windows, a German GM dealer sold em to me for $150)

Just got my hardtop back from the paintshop ... :cool:

wait a minute, gonna take some pix

fullsizeBlazer
07-02-2010, 08:38
Here we go:

Got the top painted by the best paint shop around. Paid 600 Euro for the paintjob:o but now it is flawless. :cool::cool:

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/2172/img2609v.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8884/img2610b.jpg
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1851/img2611q.jpg
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/6550/img2612e.jpg
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/9862/img2613xn.jpg

fullsizeBlazer
07-02-2010, 08:42
on the last pic you can see the 6.5, it's still hanging around :D I'm waiting for my gasket set.
Fortunately I know someone in Oklahoma who's sending me the parts over here via container. He's importing Dodge Rams and various other cars to Germany and always has some room for my parts.

That way I was able to get a set of NOS bumpers & interior panels & various other parts. Due to the weak dollar I didn't have to spend much $ for all that fancy stuff.

:cool:

More Power
07-02-2010, 09:06
Anyway, the top honors for the WORST SERVICE goes to US dieselparts

Juan,

You've been a longtime member, and I would have talked to them directly if you or they thought I could help.

On the other hand, unfortunately a few foreign buyers have burned vendors, making them little cautious about selling offshore. This is likely why USDP was reluctant. Your situation aside, USDP has done a great job for diesel owners through the years.

Jim

Kennedy
07-02-2010, 12:11
:DHello again,

here's my sweet new pump:

DB4911

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/1193/img2606e.jpg

Glad I could help.

Well you are a lucky guy, cause a couple of months ago, I was in the market for a 4911 and I only got negatives from most vendors, including John.
He was helpfull but he told me he couldn't get one without a core. (wich I don't have since I'm swaping out a DS4). I've tried other vendors without luck.

Juan,

This may be where the language barrier comes into play? I quoted you a NEW pump outright no core necessary. There is no interest for a pump shop to "buy" or cross apply a DS4 core though. We ship a lot of International. If I get an email looking for 20 air filters shipped overnight or a long list of Cat parts of course I ignore those. Most International customers are smart enough to strike up a conversation, know that things can take time, and often do smaller trial orders to gain a sense of security.

I hope your rebuilt pump is good. Hot starts will tell the story and if it has been done right. Usually if they are cheap there is a reason and it does not take long to show especially in your climate.

Pelado
07-02-2010, 15:54
This may be where the language barrier comes into play? I quoted you a NEW pump outright no core necessary. There is no interest for a pump shop to "buy" or cross apply a DS4 core though. We ship a lot of International. If I get an email looking for 20 air filters shipped overnight or a long list of Cat parts of course I ignore those. Most International customers are smart enough to strike up a conversation, know that things can take time, and often do smaller trial orders to gain a sense of security.

I hope your rebuilt pump is good. Hot starts will tell the story and if it has been done right. Usually if they are cheap there is a reason and it does not take long to show especially in your climate.

I know you've quoted me the new DB2 but I've called you and you've told me you didn't have one at the time and you were not sure of when you were going to get one.
I completely understood the DS4 core issue at the time but I had to ask.

As a side note a guy appeared in the shop with a non running 98 blazer diesel, after a long week of diagnose trying to figure out what was wrong with it, I've ended up swapping that core DS4 and the truck started rightaway, running like a charm. It just need a TDC learn that I've recently learned it's possible to do it without the tech2.
All this diagnose was possible thanks in part to your guidance over the phone a couple of times in the past and a lot of Dieselpage reading.

Till now Jamie Avant's service was great and the parts he sold me were top notch. Just hope this rebuilt pump keep the score.
The price was not DIRT CHEAP, just cheaper than US Diesel.
I've done some business in the past with you and I hope to keep doing it, just don't have too many 6.5 powered customers now to be a good customer, and my trucks have been trouble free luckily (fingers crossed).

Jim, Thank you very much, but I think that nothing could have helped with the US diesel part guy who answered the phone. He was absolutely closed to any reasoning. Their website ordering system showed the part, allowed me to order it and it clearly stated that they deal with international customers. Just no credit cards as payment method. That is right for me, I can wire the money without a problem. He didn't wanted to do it, he was only interested in knowing how did I come up with that part number, as if I was a hacker tampering with their computer system.
He was very rude.

Thank you again, and thanks to all the people here that really helps when you need it.

Sorry for my little venting and my long post. I should have kept my original comment to myself.

FullsizeBlazer, I love your truck.