PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever deal with SSDiesel Supply?

nopower65
12-31-2004, 06:08
These guys claim to be 6.5 experts, am considering them for a rebuilt injection pump. Any experiences good/bad or otherwise with them?

thanks

JohnC
12-31-2004, 11:22
Originally posted by nopower65:
These guys claim to be 6.5 experts,I recall he used to post here under the moniker "SSChevelleman" or something close. I don't know what happened to him, but he hasn't been around for a while. All the old posts are gone, so...

Steve O.
12-31-2004, 15:59
I found SS Diesel Supply on an internet search while looking for a rebuilt pump. One of the best things that's happened to me as far as my truck is concerned.

In my sig you'll see I've bought a bunch of stuff from him. Started with an exhaust, then, based on that experience, placed several more orders.

The owner, Walt, is great. Always fast with a return call or email. Tons of technical help, some above and beyond what I had originally contacted him for. Bought my re-man pump from him. First class operation all around. Can't recommend him enough.

Steve

Herman_Bolger
01-01-2005, 07:33
WE just ordered, and received a 4" exhaust from them. We called and talked with the owner, walt, and he seemed very knowledgable and personable also. Answeres his messages and e-mails promptly, Seems like a good guy so far!

eracers999
01-01-2005, 08:49
I (had) one of his fan clutches with the d max blade on my truck. The clutch made it about 6 mos. Poor quality or defective, you decide. I will say this, the clutch thats on there now is the original gm unit, modified from valuable tips learned from this site, with 221,000 mi on it.

I would have to wonder a bit why he would vacate particapating on this board.

Kent

nvmtnlion
01-01-2005, 21:09
I ordered his 4" exhaust kit after calling up and asking questions of Walt. Seems like a friendly and knowledgeable businessman.