PDA

View Full Version : Low fuel rail pressure eng light

cowboywildbill
07-07-2010, 08:12
Went to Lowes the other day which is west and over the mountain from us. When we started out I noticed we were near empty on the fuel guage. Trip is about 45 miles round trip, everything is 20 miles away except for our closest town and hardware store that is 4 miles away but didn't have what we needed. I got the low fuel light about 22 miles into the trip. No big deal we carry a fifty gallon in bed external tank with usd. that has an electric pump and nozzel. That way we can fuel the truck or tractors at home. Also makes a lot of lighter fluid for camp fires. "Ha Ha" We were about 3 miles from getting back home when I lost power and eng light came on. I stopped on the side of the road and shut down the truck and pumped about 8 gallons in. I checked the primer button, but it only took one push to come up primed. So it never really drained the filter. Restarted and drove home truck ran great eng light stayed on. I reset it with my tech 2 and all seems fine. Bottom line, don't run low on fuel "he he"

More Power
07-08-2010, 16:10
That's one way to discover how many miles you can drive after seeing the low fuel light.... ;)

Jim

cowboywildbill
07-09-2010, 05:31
Yep! but I'm guessing it isn't a good practice for the fuel inj system. It didn't go as far as I thought it would. I figure if I was towing I would have maybe 20 miles left.