PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Lines

3A703
07-19-2010, 20:41
Does anybody know if you can buy the high pressure fuel line that runs from the tank to the Engine compartment from someplace other than the Dealership? There are (2) lines I guess one of them is a return?

DmaxMaverick
07-19-2010, 23:39
There is no "high pressure" line from the tank to the engine. In OEM config, it's a suction line, from the tank to the engine mounted fuel pump (high pressure injection pump). Anyhow, if LMCtruck.com doesn't have it, I don't know who will. You may have to fabricate the lines. And yes, one is a return.

3A703
07-20-2010, 06:49
Dmax thanks for the input. For some reason just after the fuel lines leave the frame rail they turn up and enter the Fuel rail? (I guess) they have some braided stuff on them. At that point both lines are collapsed and truck is not getting enough fuel causing limp mode P0093 is the code.

DmaxMaverick
07-20-2010, 11:19
Replacing the lines, in your case, may not help at all. You must get to the root cause of the condition. Excessive supply/return system vacuum is likely the only cause, for both supply and return lines, to collapse. Replace your fuel filler cap, and make sure it is the correct type. A gasser cap will not work on a Diesel, and can cause problems, such as you are seeing. The cap, when working properly, should not allow enough vacuum in the system to collapse a fuel line, especially on the return side.

3A703
07-20-2010, 19:25
Replacing the lines may not be the problem at all it's getting the darn things, Not a dealer in the country with the lines I need imagine that. Apparently Chevrolet has some kind of recall on them!!!:mad: