PDA

View Full Version : PMD Identification

BillCarry
07-24-2010, 10:06
Was caught on the road with a PMD failure on my remote mounted PMD in my motor home. Had to use local Chevy dealer. Very expensive way to go.

How can Iidentify the manufacturer of the PMD that I bought from GM. The GM part number is 19209057. It does not have any Stanadyne markings on it. Would it be a Dtec unit?

By the way, I installed the remote mount (Kennedy kit) inside the motor home in Feb. '06 and it lasted a bit under 40K miles. I really expected better life than this.

Bill Carry

a5150nut
07-24-2010, 19:51
BillCarry,

I Googled your number posted and came up with this http://www.adiesel.com/store/DT19209057.html

check it out and see if its what you have.

racer55
08-16-2010, 14:13
Was caught on the road with a PMD failure on my remote mounted PMD in my motor home. Had to use local Chevy dealer. Very expensive way to go.

How can Iidentify the manufacturer of the PMD that I bought from GM. The GM part number is 19209057. It does not have any Stanadyne markings on it. Would it be a Dtec unit?

By the way, I installed the remote mount (Kennedy kit) inside the motor home in Feb. '06 and it lasted a bit under 40K miles. I really expected better life than this.

Bill Carry
did you mount the pmd and cooler inside the living quarters?
if so there is not enough fresh air movement to diapate the heat.
the remote coolers are meant to be mounted in a fresh air flow area out side the vehicle like behind the grill or the bumper.

6.5TDTahoe
08-16-2010, 23:31
I can't recall hearing of a Heath heat sink / FSD having a failure! Guys it is a very simple /permanet solution to the FSD failure. The heat sink is what prevents the heat related failure of the FSD/PMD. There was a recent post of someone stating his FSD(new)was fastend to the cab seat frame.& it failed!! Unbelieveble that peeps just don't listen & learn.