PDA

View Full Version : Best Place to buy #2 Injector Fix

CHILLINONTHERIVER
07-30-2010, 19:49
Ok..I have an 04.5 LLY and have done the "fix" a couple of times on the #2 plug. I am getting a little burned out having to do this. So is the new "repair" worth the money? Any issues after "replacing" the plug? Where can I get the kit for the best price? I tried the local dealer today and they wanted 270 bucks.....is that what everyone is paying for this repair?

Thanks in advance

kaylabryn
08-02-2010, 11:57
Which "fix" did you use? The ice pick method is suppose to be the most effective. I have heard of people performing the replacement then having to do the ice pick method on the new part. But I have also heard people not having problems at all after the connector replacement. I would not think this would be a very hard "do it yourself" replacement.

Mike

On edit: They want $270.00 for a connector?

CHILLINONTHERIVER
08-02-2010, 23:27
I have done the ice pick method and had to redo a couple times. Just curious if the 270 dollar replacement plug is worth it. Guess its not if some people are also having to ice pick the new plug as well. Guess I will hang on to my ice pick for now..

drcook
11-10-2010, 10:48
do a google on gmpartsonline 159.00 plus shipping. i am doing the nbr 7 today did the nbr 2 yesterday, i don't work fast due to hand injuries, someone with good hands could do it pretty fast.

we will know if it was worth it soon. i had the 2 and 7 issue with no codes thrown, truck just sounded like a cummins

there was a local dealer that let me negotiate the 159.00 plus 20.00 shipping plus an extra 5 cause they treat me well. total 185.00 out the door

dc

drcook
11-12-2010, 07:08
it was worth it, truck runs so much better. I had done the ice pick trick, but at as far as my truck is concerned, this is better

dc

bobt
11-12-2010, 22:24
I may be the only one that doesn't know, but for my info, will someone explain the "ice pick" trick?
Bob

madmatt
12-01-2010, 07:43
The ice pick fix is where you unplug the problem injector, flip the plug over, go just to the inside of the two alignment ribs and take the ice pick and jab down through the opening of the plug. you can tell if you're getting ready to jab the right spot by just looking at the ice pick location in relation to the plug opening.