PDA

View Full Version : Electrical ?

loghauler
08-04-2010, 18:07
My brake controler stopped working with my pedal,still works with manual on controller.I have no power to controler from brake switch. This started same time turn signal switch failed. It did blow fuse on stop circut. I changed turn switch and that works fine now but I can't seem to get power from brake switch so I changed brake light switch, still no go. All fuses are good now. Anybody(GM Techs) have any ideas? Thanks

Quietcart
08-05-2010, 05:18
Hi Jim: What is your hookup - controller plugged it to the block under the dash or wired in manually? Do all the truck lights work now - bulbs ok? (no shorted filaments?) What about all the fuses under the hood for the trailer circuits? Did the turn signal switch fail from overload (overheating on contacts?)

With the failure stream you had I would suspect some kind of an intermittent electrical short that took out another fuse and the nice thing about our trucks is that the trailer receptacle wires all have separate fuses - the controller plug might be picking up its source on the other side of the fuse for the trailer stop circuit.

good luck

don