PDA

View Full Version : Front Wheel Bearing Replacement Cost

Chris611
04-29-2005, 04:43
I believe i have a front wheel bearing going out. The local mechanic says $560 installed for the bearing/hub assy. I don't believe that he is overcharging, I am just wondering what you guys have been doing to replace these? Are you doing them yourselves and where are you getting the parts? Also how much have you been paying for the bearing/hub. I went to GM Parts Direct.com and couldn't see to find the right part. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

slagona
04-29-2005, 05:05
There are several threads on this forum, try searching for 'hub assembly'.

A summary of some of the threads:

Autozone can get the hubs for about $275 each, others have had both replaced for ~$780 including labor....

--Scott

JTodd
04-29-2005, 16:47
I got mine from AutoZone for right at $275. It took a while to get the thing off the truck, but was able to and saved the difference. There are a number of suggestions posted previously that may help. Do your search on "wheel hub" That should get you to what you are looking for.

Chris611
04-30-2005, 07:44
Thanks guys, I searched and looked through some of the old posts. One thing I can't find that I wanted to check is what is the torque of the axle nut? I just want to check that it is properly torqued before I take it back to the mech. I just had it to him to turn the rotors and he said a lot of time when the bearings get disturbed, they then have problems.

Thanks
Chris