PDA

View Full Version : 4L80E needed ASAP for K3500

markrinker
01-02-2005, 15:06
#2 lost reverse last night plowing our very first good snow of the season. No indications of slipping or problems, just a 'clunk' and no reverse. All forward functions unaffected. This tranny has been worked hard, I am sure its due...

Would appreciate input on how to get this truck back running in 1) shortest amount of time, while 2) getting a reliable (warranteed?) transmission for a 3) fair price.

Will consider buying a used or rebuilt tranny from a DP member if they can arrange for crating and shipping withing the next 24 hours to ZIP 55330.

Thanks!!!

[ 01-02-2005, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: Mark Rinker ]

Kennedy
01-02-2005, 15:12
I'm sure that I could get one going quickly from Suncoast, ATS, or ACT. Not cheap, but better than stock...

eracers999
01-02-2005, 16:55
Mark:

Im a minnesota native with 19 yrs commercial snow plowing under my belt up there, and if you need a trans fixed in a hurry call david at Kennedy transmission in bloomington. They are good, and fast. Davids last name is Kennedy and he will tell you it straight. They used to take care of all our companys trucks and they know the deal when it comes to snow trucks. They used to be right off 98th st.
Tell david you got the referral from the ole Kahnke bros forman, kent, and he will remember what you expect.

Kent

JoeyD
01-02-2005, 17:03
Mark, Try a local GM dealer, may have a certa unit in stock. No ATS or Suncoast but may be available. Snow in the forcast?

markrinker
01-02-2005, 18:18
I am taking all of your advice and will be in touch with JK, Kennedy transmission of Bloomington, and GM tomorrow AM.

You guessed it - more snow on its way. Something always is broken...

JK please call me 612.578.6355. Money is tight, its been a slow start to our season, but I am curious as to what they sell - and for how much over a stock unit.

markrinker
01-03-2005, 06:49
I am in the process of deciding what to do this morning - rebuild (Kennedy Transmission), buy and install a reman with 24/24 warranty (warranty will last <1 calendar year...), or throw the dice on a used transmission.

If reverse is the only problem, and all other gears function - isn't this a better candidate for a simple rebuild???