PDA

View Full Version : PML Pans

TJ
04-30-2005, 12:34
Has anyone installed or seen a PML cover as displayed on www.yourcovers.com? (http://www.yourcovers.com?) They are substantially cheaper than Mag-Hytec and look like a great product.

Thanks,
TJ

MikeC
04-30-2005, 18:52
TJ,

I have both the trans pan and the diff cover. They are built well. Also, the diff cover is machined flat, all I had to do was smear some RTV on the face and bolt it up. No O-ring to worry about.

Mike Cooper

Photos of the covers in the reader's rig section in the article about my Burban.

TJ
05-01-2005, 08:33
Hi Mike,
Yea, I read about the flat sealing face. I think a regular OEM gasket would seal it as well. I'll think I'll go with these over the Mag-Hytec. They're ridiculously priced.

Thanks,
TJ

Turbine Doc
05-01-2005, 08:37
My PML pan has been on the trans almost 2 years no problems to report, savings over the Mag tek allowed me to afford the PML diff pan I'm waiting for good weather to install.

More Power
05-01-2005, 10:28
Nothing wrong with saving money. From the reports here and in email messages I've received, PML appears to produce a good product.

The Mag-Tytec rear diff covers are powder coated, come with a set of stainless-steel cap screws, have an o-ring seal (no gasket or sealant needed) for its machined mating surface, have a magnetic drain plug, have a magnetic dip stick with fill port on the top, and have a removable screw at the lube level line - so you can check lube level a couple of additional ways. And, they are sized to hold about another quart of lube over stock.

The Mag-Tytec rear diff cover I'm using on Lil Red was recycled from the axle removed from the 6.5 Project truck, when it got its axle upgrade (to a 10-1/2" FF) a couple years ago.

MP

Marty Lau
05-02-2005, 06:33
Another option for a deep tranny pan is the Hughes pan. I jut put one on about a month ago. Got it from Summit Racing $175 plus shipping.
They clam it's 4 add quarts of fluid. The stock factory hard gasket fits. The is a flush plug in the bottom. (no more tranny oil dumped dowm my shirt sleeve :mad: ) It also comes with replacement cap screws.

Cowracer
05-02-2005, 08:22
Great!

Now if PML would just offer some cool valve covers for the 6.5! Does anyone offer any shiny valve covers for our favorite motor?

Tim