PDA

View Full Version : ECM/TCM recording???

carco
08-15-2010, 16:08
Ok, what device/brand of equipment will record all parameters of the engine and trans while pulling a sled down the track?? I want to be able to replay the run video and the engine/trans parameters @ the same time. TIA

kaylabryn
08-16-2010, 16:51
EFI Live, will do most of what you need. Plus you can do alot more with it than you can with the Edge. Power, shift points the posibilities are endless.

Kennedy
08-18-2010, 05:09
EFI Live will log engine params and a couple of trans params (in some cases) like current gear and vehicle speed sensor, but data PIDs are quite limited as I recall. Being a Tech 2 owner I haven't looked to closely at just what EFI can even see let alone simultaneously, but I know the Tech 2 can only talk to one module at a time. Speed and current gear are relayed in the ECM I believe.

THEFERMANATOR
08-19-2010, 21:40
EFILIVE can only read module at a time when you access it via the scan tool portion through a PC, but you can go in and set it up for black box logging and it can read 2 modules that way. It depends on how many paramaters though as some PIDS require 2 channels and others just one. ALso some things will give you about 10-20 parameters via just one channel.