PDA

View Full Version : Clutch fluid loss after towing?

Kidd
01-02-2005, 16:59
My nephew has a 2000 CC dually with 5 spd manual trans. He needed to get it towed recently after the starter quit. The towing outfit lifted the rear to tow it. Odd thing is, the fluid drained out of the hydraulic clutch, second time this happened( yep, two starters in a month, GM paid for both)

Anyone else have this happen? Any ideas why? :confused:
Also, any ideas why two starters in such a short time? Ok, maybe the replacement was faulty, starter hadn't been changed before.

K.D.

Hubert
01-03-2005, 18:35
Has it been towing anything heavy and/or pulled any tough hills or stop and go traffic. The exhaust runs close to both the starter and hydraulic clutch line. Excessive exhaust temps may be the problem.

Kidd
01-04-2005, 17:15
No, the truck is a daily driver, no loads or hills. The fluid leaks out after being towed.
Happened twice now.

K.D.

a5150nut
01-05-2005, 07:56
K.D.
The first time I changed my stater,I thought I could just pull the clutch line back out of the way. Funny how it cracked the bottom of the master cylinder. Had to drive from jobsite do dealer in 5:00pm rush hour traffic without a clutch. And you know when you are trying to time the lites, 5 cars have to fill the space in front of you.