PDA

View Full Version : Got 24!

thirdstreettito
08-17-2010, 07:46
My dad has the suburban in my sig. I drove it to wilmington last Friday and did 24mpg at 75mph. After the 6L80E swap it should be getting 26+. And I need to change the oil, FF, and AF. So, after all is done it should be 27 I hope. Then maybe even 30 after the supercharger is installed.

Kcustom73
08-18-2010, 04:36
Do you mind me asking what your plans are for the supercharger? I was thinking about putting an Eaton M90 on my 6.2 when I put the engine in my Land Cruiser.

thirdstreettito
08-18-2010, 07:17
Do you mind me asking what your plans are for the supercharger? I was thinking about putting an Eaton M90 on my 6.2 when I put the engine in my Land Cruiser.

Psht! I dont mind! Im buying the kit from bulletcars.com. It works with a v-belt 6.2 as well as a serpentine. I am going to buy multiple pulleys, as you adjust for what Im doing, you know, towing, cruising, pulling hills, etc. They have guys running 13 psi and 6 psi, all get better hp and better mpg. No problems with any, no crankshaft problems or anything! They've been running years now, daily driven.

Robyn
08-18-2010, 10:54
I think you will find that the belt driven huffer is not going to gain you much.

The turbo charger is the best setup for one of these engines.

24 MPG is a very good number on a rig of this size. I wont say that you can't better that number but, its going to take some serious work to do so.

The best I have ever seen in a Burb was 22 and 24 in a k5 Blazer.

have fun

Missy

More Power
08-18-2010, 12:42
I'm told the 700R4 is the most efficient automatic transmission available for these engines. All automatics suck power as it travels through the transmission, the 700R4 absorbs less than the TH400, 4L80-E and I suspect the 6L80... The double-OD offered by the 6L may not be the best choice from a fuel economy standpoint.... It all depends on cruising engine rpm and the amount of power it absorbs. These engines produce the best fuel economy when run at their torque peak rpm - usually 1800-2000 rpm. A turbo/super charger can shift that torque peak up/down the rpm scale somewhat, depending on fueling, but the general rule still applies.

It's been my experience that a turbocharger can actually lower fuel economy because of the newfound power and the urge to use it. My best 6.2L fuel economy numbers came without a turbo... slightly less so after installing a Banks Sidewinder. Was more fun to drive though. :)

Jim