PDA

View Full Version : front suspension load assist

norm
01-02-2005, 17:21
Has anyone used the Air-Lift front suspension air cell load assist (or snow plow assist) (part#52100 for my truck)??

With my service body and related gear, the weight is up (not like towing, but with more effect on front susp.). I am looking to stabilize the truck more.

Keith Richards
01-02-2005, 19:53
I dont know anything about the air assist suspension,but with your setup,the first thing I would do is crank up the torsion bars an inch or two in the front.That should definately help stabilizing the weight if you have a lot in the front,with the plow.and these torsion bars tend to sag after a few years of heavy use.A very easy fix,although I had mine done in a shop while it was getting some front end work being done.

matt-max
01-03-2005, 06:01
we run the timbren products on the front of all our plow trucks with great results.

we also crank the torsion bars up a bit

matt

norm
01-03-2005, 15:00
thanks!
It looks like the air-lift deal for the front is quite similar to the timbren.
My bars are cranked pretty good, just looking for better damping. Also thinking about trying HD Bilsteins.

tom.mcinerney
01-03-2005, 20:33
Norm-
I think More Power reported Billsteins made great improvement.

DA BIG ONE
01-10-2005, 09:12
I use them, they help, but I need multi shocks for best results. Using Bilsteins from Kennedy.

One plus is that my drivers side axle flange let lose and the air lift unit kept it from slipping out of the differential, however the drive flange did grind a grove into the air lift assist unit, but that was from New Orleans to Palm Beach. Nedd I say what could have happened if the flange and axle popped out completely from the differential?

I did buy Ranchos triple shock mount, seller did say they would work w/o any addidional lift, but after I get the kit the directions say it can only be used in lifted trucks. *(&@!#sales people!

[ 01-10-2005, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: DA BIG ONE ]