PDA

View Full Version : XM Radio

MacDR50
08-23-2010, 13:11
My spec sheet says I have satellite radio but I chose not to subscribe when I bought the truck. I am thinking about it again but when I use the "Band" button to find the XM option, per the manual's instructions, it isn't there. Is this something the dealer has to enable when I subscribe or is the spec sheet in error. Before I go back to the dealer it would be nice to know.

JohnC
08-23-2010, 17:39
On my '06 it goes to a "free" promo channel. the XM module on mine is behind the glove box. Your rpo codes should show it, also (should be U2K...). Do you have the antenna on the roof? Didn't you get a 3 month free trial?

NutNbutGMC
08-23-2010, 18:29
My spec sheet says I have satellite radio but I chose not to subscribe when I bought the truck. I am thinking about it again but when I use the "Band" button to find the XM option, per the manual's instructions, it isn't there. Is this something the dealer has to enable when I subscribe or is the spec sheet in error. Before I go back to the dealer it would be nice to know.Do not order XM ................

.......unless you are prepared to keep the subscription. It's habit-forming.

You will enjoy XM, in particular if you travel al lot. I used to run the roads more than I care to discuss and every Sunday I was enroute to a work location that was 7 - 8 hours in the seat. At that time NASCAR was on XM and I was locked into a $9.99 per month subscription. That was my race ticket for each month. I never missed a race and enjoyed the cheap seat, all inclusive of air conditioning, food services from home, cruise control, and an option for pit stops at my convenience.

On the 2002 model that I had, I also added a subwoofer, amp, and all new speakers that utilized the XM digital signal for a super-nice listening experience. I still have that setup, as the 2007 would not adapt to that setup because of the steering wheel controls (without additional adaptors). After 2003, electronics changed in the capability of basic setup add-ons. It's still in my garage collecting a little dust. I have contemplated putting it in the boat, head unit and all.

The Honda is a 98 model that I bought new then and it still runs like a well-oiled Singer sewing machine at 236,000 miles. :D I have been through 3 trucks since 2001 all the while the Honda has been around, and then some.

MacDR50
08-24-2010, 19:04
Thanks John I will check for the code.