PDA

View Full Version : Blower speed

Gapper_ca
01-03-2005, 09:47
Help! my blower has only high spped now. i was told that it is more then likely the fan speed resistor? but do not know where it is located. have pulled the glove compartment open and see lots but what is it i am looking for?

thanks

Govt issue
01-03-2005, 12:25
these trucks use a blower motor resistor and a high speed blower relay. I will have to get a wiring digram for the colors. Try this open up the glove box and look for the relays on the top left side of the air box. take something while on a lower speed and hit the relays. If the blower starts to work you need a high speed relay. if this dosen't work I will walk you threw it the hard way.

Gapper_ca
01-03-2005, 13:10
blower works fine on high. only speed that there is. there is a small black 12v box there to the upper left of motor. is that it?

Govt issue
01-03-2005, 14:56
you got a fax i will send a picture

jeffrey b
01-03-2005, 15:57
On my 1995 K2500 the blower relay is on the air box assembly behind the glove box. It has a plug which is shaped like a rectangle on it. Two screws on the resistor assembly and one more on a metal arm. Once unscrewed I had to work it up and out of the air box and slide it out.

Jeff

Phil Holmen
01-03-2005, 19:07
The blower resistors are in the heater box, right behind the relay and connectors to the left side of the the glove box opening, directly on top of the heater box, you will have to move the relay and connectors and take out the two 9/32 screws in the top and pull it out, not alot of room, just be patient... I have had to changs mine twice. The motor ended up having a bad bearing and drawing more current, therefore killing the resistor pack...

Gapper_ca
01-05-2005, 06:28
WOW! what a job that was, over an hour to get it all done, but now my fan works properly.
Thank you to all who responded. feel so much better with the fan working when it is -35 out.