PDA

View Full Version : Intro From NW Ohio

AJDuvall
08-29-2010, 13:43
Been looking around for a little while now. I have found a lot of good information to get me started in the right direction.

I live in Northwest Ohio near Toledo. I have a 1993 3500 Crew Cab that is my current project. My father was the previous owner. He was in a front collision with it which is why the front is missing. This happened some time in early 2003. It has sat outside since then.

My Father died in May of 2009 from cancer. He wanted to get it back up and going the year before he passed. The truck became mine when my mother died this year also from cancer. I was undecided as to what to do with this truck. So, I decided to put the batteries in it and if it started I would keep it, and if it did not It would go away.

Put the key in, waited for the glow light to go out, turned the key. It came to life in less than a second. I was completely amazed that it started so easy after sitting so long with no attention.

The frame has a good amount of surface rust from sitting. The bed is off to start the restoration.

http://a.imageshack.us/img840/7498/20100707193521.jpg

That is my short story. Excuse my rambling.

AJ

a5150nut
08-29-2010, 19:22
Welcome to the Page. Looks like you have a good foundation to start from.

Good thing it started. Now you will have your parents with you every time you drive it.