PDA

View Full Version : timing problem.....?wont start....?

bigredtruck
08-31-2010, 02:52
first off I have a 1993 Chevrolet 3500 4 door dually with a 6.5 turbo diesel automatic what originally happened was the ip went bad about the same time as the front end so I decided to take engine out and go thru the entire front end I replaced everything.as far as the engine I thought since it was out I would put all new gaskets and seals in the engine.I removed timing oil pan valve covers cover new water pump new injectors.I even managed to get a nos turbo never used. I didn't mess with the heads or timing chain(no money laid off) so this is what I did when I put it back together I brought the #1 piston up on the compression stroke the dot on the timing mark was up I then put the ip pump gear in place with the dots together then installed the ip put all back together bleed the system by removing the glow plugs until fuel came out then reinstalled well it wont start It has to be something with the timing I went ahead and took everything back apart so maybe if I can figure the out I can get running this weekend its been over a year any help would be appreciated

suburbanK-2500HD
09-04-2010, 01:31
Do you have the electronic pump

bigredtruck
09-04-2010, 14:21
no its a manual pump I have tried everything I don't know as far as I know everything is in time I don't know maybe my ip wasn't bad like I thought I'm about ready to say the hell with it Ill wait till next weekend if I cant get it going by then i guess ill sent it to the crusher ........