PDA

View Full Version : was '90 a good year for the 6.2?

mizzly
08-31-2010, 18:29
I am specifically referring to a 1990 cheby 3500 single rear wheel 4X4 with the older square body style it has 3 spd auto (no overdrive) by the looks of the springs I would guess it is a heavy duty also is a four door if that means anything as far as the engine goes.

Any thoughts or opinions appreciated.

By the way I'm new here, just signed up to see what i could learn about these diesel's. This truck showed up at a local car lot. It has a flatbed & new tires, nothing to special, no air just a work truck.

There asking $1850
the coolant was down about 3 or 4 inches before i started it. they never washed or vacuumed it so I think it was traded in as she sits.

anyway thanks, Mizzly in the midwest

Yukon6.2
09-01-2010, 08:15
Hi I'm biased because i have the same truck except for the flat deck.
But anyhow it's the best truck i'v ever owned,and will drive it into the ground,don't plan on getting rid of it.No computer,solid front axle,leaver for the transfer case,twist hubs to lock front wheels,no ABS,No airbags,good solid frame.A little lacking if you are going to tow heavy loads,but it will tow them and get you there.
Will oneday install a new 6.5 with custom turbo and aftercooler,but that stuff keeps getting bumped down the list.Especally seeing how it just keeps running.
If you want a tough simple truck,go for it.You may have some problems because it was traded in,so do you reserch on the engin and try to work the price down acordingly.
Thomas

Robyn
09-03-2010, 07:18
The 90 6.2 (Unless it has been changed) will have the late style Block (same as 6.5) with the one piece rear main seal.

These were very good engines and had all tha latest updates

That truck would have the TH 400 tranny (amost indestructible):)

Run the thing to get it well warmed up and make sure that it is not blowing coolant out the overflow.

If this is good and the thing does not have other oil leaks or issues, sounds like a great rig for the $$$$

Missy

mizzly
09-03-2010, 22:34
My brother ended up buying the truck yesterday. He is in love. It has everything he needs, Flat bed, hitch, 4 doors, good rubber & the price was right $1600

http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww203/mizzly-2009/IMG_8596.jpg

http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww203/mizzly-2009/IMG_8595.jpg