PDA

View Full Version : How to remove IP??

Cosmo12550
09-07-2010, 06:54
Can anyone tell me what I need to do in order to remove the Injection pump on my 94 gmc K3500 w/6.5L? I removed the intake, injector lines, bolts holding the pump, etc. The pump moves free, however the pump will not slide out. Do I need to remove any bolts from inside the oil filler tube in order for the pump to come out??

Robyn
09-07-2010, 08:00
Dont get rough with the IP :eek: replace the nuts and snug them up.

Remove the oil filler tube.
Go in through the fill tube hole and remove the three bolts that hold the gear to the IP.

Turn the engine by hand when doing this !!!!

The remove the nuts on the IP and slide it back and out.

The IP can't be installed wrong, the holes will line up only one way and there is also a lign up Pin too.

Good luck

Missy

6.5TDTahoe
09-07-2010, 11:05
Now would be a great reason & time to buy the Diesel Place /6.2L/6.5 Diesel Troubleshooting & repair Guide/. After you get the book get a hole punched in the upper LH corner & tie it to the dash in your truck. I carry the whole set at all times. It prevents delays & breakdowns LOL!

DmaxMaverick
09-07-2010, 11:09
Now would be a great reason & time to buy the Diesel Place /6.2L/6.5 Diesel Troubleshooting & repair Guide/. After you get the book get a hole punched in the upper LH corner & tie it to the dash in your truck. I carry the whole set at all times. It prevents delays & breakdowns LOL!
The Place has a guide? Wonder where they got it......

6.5TDTahoe
09-12-2010, 14:01
Brain fart< Those guys couldn't write a b Repair/service book to save there life.