PDA

View Full Version : timing question/wiring problem

bigredtruck
09-12-2010, 17:22
Is this the correct way to set timing bring the crank gear(12:00) cam gear to (6:00)install the ip gear on the cam gear then rotate engine till the ip gear on the cam is at 12:00 then install the ip gear . I installed a new ip I installed new gaskets and seals thru engine and was turned while ip was off.wanted to make sure this was right the other problem i was having was the glow plug controller light not coming on in the dash now the controller is clicking but not working glow plugs not heating up also noticed now I don't have any interior lights and radio is not working its almost like I don't have any ground some were not sure and the fuse for the courtesy lights will blow immediately now I did have the engine out when I did all the work and the dash gauges seem to work I have tried and tried to start this engine and it will not start it tried to fire one time thats it I will have to get another starter mine burned up (caught fire) any suggestion on what to do Im all out of ideas oh by the way the truck is a 1993 6.5 4 door dually