PDA

View Full Version : Bustin' Nuts!

forbey
09-21-2010, 09:51
Finally getting to the fuel problem with my '95 Suburban.

I by-past the lift pump fuse and am getting fuel to the filter and can purge the bleeder valve.

I haven't been able to get past there, so I have started to remove the manifold so I can access the other side of the filter aqnd the up gradient side of the IP. I removed the top plate of the Manifold and disconnected it from the turbo. In trying to no remove the rest of the manifold I appear to have hit a road block. The bolts holding the manifold on are super hard to loosen. Any tricks to the trade? I have a large ratchen type breaker bar, but can't find my reducer. While I work on finding the right ratchet accessories is there anything I can do to aid in loosening them, like a breakfree type spray or compound.

I'm isolating part taken off and the associated nuts and bolts.

I assume I will need a torque wrench to asseble the parts again.
I also need to understand what to do to make sure nothing serious gets into the manifold. By the time I get down to the IP, is is simpler to just repalce it we a mechanical IP?

Just looking for tidbits and preferences!

Thanks,

forbey

suburbanK-2500HD
09-21-2010, 13:05
If its not rusted, it could be installed with loctite maybe.
If loctite is used then some heat can soften the stuff, but be careful not to break any bolts.

rameye
09-21-2010, 20:29
do yourself a favor and stuff the open intake holes with clean rags once you get that puppy removed!

also mark the location of the intake bolts...they as I'm sure you can see are all different...I engraved mine.

yes you need a torque wrench for a proper re-install

hope that helps

forbey
09-24-2010, 07:32
Thanks to both responders. I hope to begin the removal of the lower intake manifold tomorrow.

Once done I will be able to seriously begin trouble shooting the fuel system to see where the stoppage is. With any luck it will be something simple!

forbey

6.5TDTahoe
09-26-2010, 18:19
Use PB Blaster on the sticky bolts. A little back & forth & soak time will allow the PB to migrate down the bolts.May take multiple apps of PB. Buy premuim hose to replace the one under the intake manifold. Heath & Kennedy have a kit for all the return system hose. Best to hose the top of the engine with pressure pump before dismantling. Gitter done!!