PDA

View Full Version : EGR question

dieselhead47
09-23-2010, 18:01
I have a 2006 LBZ/ blocker plate/ fingerstick, Banks 4" monster exhaust from the front pipe back/ no cat, Banks Ram Air/ Super Scoop for summertime use, removed for winter. I run Stanadyne Performance Additive on most fillups. I do not run any chips or power adders other then the ones I described. I am getting ready to replace the EGR Valve for the 2nd time and I only have a little over 38,000 miles on the truck. Any suggestions on why the EGR Valves keep going out ??? Any ideas on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

ToddMeister
09-24-2010, 04:22
Get an EFI Live tune that disables the EGR completely and turns off the codes for the valve.

Are you getting a check engine light?

Kennedy
09-24-2010, 06:48
I have a 2006 LBZ/ blocker plate/ fingerstick, Banks 4" monster exhaust from the front pipe back/ no cat, Banks Ram Air/ Super Scoop for summertime use, removed for winter. I run Stanadyne Performance Additive on most fillups. I do not run any chips or power adders other then the ones I described. I am getting ready to replace the EGR Valve for the 2nd time and I only have a little over 38,000 miles on the truck. Any suggestions on why the EGR Valves keep going out ??? Any ideas on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

If you are experiencing EGR valve failures Todd's advice is best. We take care of this in programming and it will not come back.

The Finger Stick is the inexpensive Band Aid and does work well, BUT the EGR motor/position sensor must remain functional. The LBZ EGR valves tend to be problematic in this regard.