PDA

View Full Version : Alternator Tach Hookup

Kennedy
09-28-2010, 06:57
I have a customer in AK struggling with an alternator tach install and apparently he only receives every other email that I send him or something. Hoping someone here has done this on a 1994 6.5 turbo truck. Not sure why it does not have a factory tach, but apparently some did not.

Here is what my alternator builder told me:

4 pin connector on alternator into regulator

A= B+
I = ignition
FL or FI= field
S= Stator

S may be vacant so you may need a new pigtail/repair harness.

Hopefully Fred finds and reads this.

suburbanK-2500HD
09-28-2010, 14:51
:)Look at the attachment: circuit diagram of the instrumentpanel.

in the upper left corner is the tacho.instrument. (letter T)
And my marking (blue line) to the generator.

hope this can help

Anything else you need, le me know..

Kennedy
09-30-2010, 08:25
Thanks I will try to direct him here. The attachment is too small to read on my end, but if he comes here he can request a more detailed version.

fredg41
09-30-2010, 09:00
The fix was to solder a wire to the stator, (pigtail), to use for the connection, pretty simple. The ISSPRO Alternator Tach that Kennedy apparently ordered from them and sold to me, had no instructions for this connection. I called the ISSPRO Tech in Portland, OR and he didn't even know how to hook it up.

After removing the alternator and taking it to a electrical shop in Anchorage, (50 mi. one-way), they added the wire at a cost of $45 dollars, (approx. 20-30 min. job). Since I was in Anchorage for a doctor appointment anyway, the cost of the gas wasn't a factor. I'm sure I could do it myself now after seeing how simple it is! Thanks for your intentions anyway.:o

suburbanK-2500HD
09-30-2010, 12:53
The fix was to solder a wire to the stator, (pigtail), to use for the connection, pretty simple. The ISSPRO Alternator Tach that Kennedy apparently ordered from them and sold to me, had no instructions for this connection. I called the ISSPRO Tech in Portland, OR and he didn't even know how to hook it up.

After removing the alternator and taking it to a electrical shop in Anchorage, (50 mi. one-way), they added the wire at a cost of $45 dollars, (approx. 20-30 min. job). Since I was in Anchorage for a doctor appointment anyway, the cost of the gas wasn't a factor. I'm sure I could do it myself now after seeing how simple it is! Thanks for your intentions anyway.:o

Anytime :)