PDA

View Full Version : 2011: TTT or OE Tow Mirror

2YD
09-28-2010, 11:56
Ordering new 2011 Dmax. Anyone know if the TTT mirrors will fit the new body style? Trying to figure out whether I order the tow mirrors or keep my TTT's. FWIW I currently have the TTT's on a 2005 Dmax.

EdHale
09-29-2010, 04:08
I don't know if they will fit, but I do know I love my TTT's. I like the horizontal arrangement of the mirrors vs the vertical for the OEM's.

Heartbeat Hauler
10-02-2010, 17:14
I am not sure, but I don't think the 05 mirror attachment is the same as the 07 and up. I looked at a set of 08 mirrors to see if they would fit my 01 and the 08s have a much larger triangular support bracket than mine. I think I would go look at a new truck to verify.

JP

cowboywildbill
10-13-2010, 14:51
I had the TTT's on our 06 and 07 classics. I loved them and they were better than the OEM towing mirrors. The 07 had the new style slide out power angle/heated towing mirrors on it and they were tilted at an odd angle that I didn't like the view from them. So I put on my TTT Shefeneckers. But having said that, we just bought a new 2011 and it has the new OEM towing power angle/heated mirrors on it. They look just like the ones on our 07 did, but don't have that wierd angle to them at the head/glass area.
I really like the new OEM mirrors, I think they are as good for towing and seeing back as my TTT's were. Maybe even better with the wide convex at the bottom. I think the TTT's may look sharper on the truck, but I'm very happy with the OEM's now and will keep them. I may paint them to match our truck like I did the Shefeneckers.
I think the foot print/mounting base may be different from the 07 classics to the new 07 body style and up. It could be the same three bolt pattern with just a bigger triangle shaped cover that fits the new door style? Maybe if that's the case the new one could be modified or vise versa to fit the different body styles. I let our TTT's stay on our 07 when I traded it. I wish I would have pulled them off, I could have sold them. I think you would be happy with the OEM's. Sit in a 2011 with the mirrors pulled out and see what you think. Good Luck.