PDA

View Full Version : Happy With My LLY

Roy W
10-04-2010, 08:52
I just completed a 6,000 mile trip from Northeast Florida to Mt. Rushmore, west to Cody, WY, then to Yellowstone for 8 days, then south to the Grand Tetons, and back to Florida. All mileage with the exception of 980 miles of side trips was done pulling my 32 foot, 9,400 lb travel trailer. I never experienced the first problem with my LLY. Anyone familiar with this area knows we had many 6-7% grades at altitudes up to 9500 feet. Engine temp never went over 200 degrees and transmission temperature never went over 195 degrees. I kept EGT down to a nominal 12-1300 degrees on grades by dropping down to as low as 3rd gear on some grades while maintaining 40 mph. Downhill was also never a problem as I used a lower gear to keep from riding the brakes.

I bought my LLY new, maintained it myself, and it's only been back to the dealer for software upgrades. I think I'll drive the wheels off this one.

Mark Rinker
10-04-2010, 14:41
Sounds like you got a keeper. Thats the way they all should perform, and it sounds like you have common sense to add to the equation.

Happy travels!