PDA

View Full Version : Heal-A-Seal

AllThumbs
10-07-2010, 12:37
Any body ever used this stuff. Shouting adds like this make my BS antenna go up but how you going to get something on the market unless you put it out there. With the problems with these 6.5L engines, this would be great stuff if it actually worked. Here's the link.

http://www.heal-a-seal.com/

Real information would be very useful.

racer55
10-07-2010, 14:51
i haven't tried the stuff but where it says it coats the entire internals of the engine cooling system makes me concerened.
It could add an insulating effect that prevents proper heat transfer from the block/heads/heater core/rad into the coolant-the exact purpose the cooling system is in place to do.

Robyn
10-07-2010, 17:15
Missy sits with her BS Alert SCREAMING AT WARP 9

Remember the cash for clunkers crap of last year. The stuff they poured into the crankcase is/has been used to seal blocks and other issues.

*** Sodium silicate or "water Glass" ****
Hardens solid as hell when it gets hot and reaches a bit of air

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_silicate

This stuff is not going to fix a blown 6.5 head gasket, believe me.

Just like the stuff they sell to fix auto trannies that are suffering from slipping clutches due to bad seals.

That stuff softens the old hard seals so they will seal again. Sadly the stuff keeps on softening until the seals look like jelly and go away.

Works sweet to get an old beater sold and out of your yard.

More stuff for the places like JC Whitney to sell, :eek:

Trust your BS alert.

Missy

rustyk
10-07-2010, 17:31
"There's a sucker born every minute, and two born to take him in." - P. T. Barnum

"The only effective quick and easy solution takes a lot of time and a great deal of hard work." - me

AllThumbs
10-07-2010, 18:58
Glad to know my BS meter is still alive and well.

I have a hard time with adds like that one. An exception is an add for epoxy. Found some great stuff that has been very useful. Works in cold weather like a charm. Applied some at 25 degrees. Got down to 17 degrees that night and the stuff was cured and ready to work in the morning. Got to check things out to be sure. Sure helps to have a little guidance.