PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Injectors Who To Buy From

1629dill
10-08-2010, 08:26
It is time to replace my injectors on my 1999 suburban and have been checking out brands and prices. I am looking at getting Bosh injectors and have found that Southwest Diesel & Electrical has a kit the comes with 8 new OE Bosch injectors, fabric braided return lines, 2 plastic caps, 8 copper gaskets, oil outlet gasket, turbo mounting gasket, air cleaner gasket for $370. http://www.swdiesel.com/65l62lgmboschfuelinjectorskit-p-1344.html?cPath=12
I have also looked at Kennedy Diesel and they have reman with new nozzles for $420 then I would have to get a injector installation and return line kit for $25.

So Kennedy is $75 more and I do not get the turbo mount gasket, oil outlet gasket, and air cleaner gasket. So is it with spending the extra money to go with Kennedy? I have purchased from him in the pasted and have gotten good service, but $75 is a set of new glow plugs.

What do you think?

racer55
10-08-2010, 10:46
Thats a tough call since brand new injectors can be out of spec for pop pressure,or not quite balanced pressure wise between each other.
The cost to get them pop tested and balanced might eatup the $75.00 difference and make them equal price wise.
Although new injectors have all new components vs reman which could have tired springs.
There is a guy on ebay named "moneyslave" selling new bosch injectors for $35.69 a piece or $285.52 for 8,which would be my choice and then get the installation kit after the fact.
Or AZ diesel injection services has remans in a kit with all instalation pieces for $245.00.

Shop around on ebay and elsewhere and you may find a better deal on a reman or new kit or just buy new bosch or delphi nozzles and get your own injectors rebuilt.
I am not advertising for anyone or trying to sell anything,just pass on some info.