PDA

View Full Version : Need help with 01 LB7 limp mode and P0093 code.

kenh1
10-19-2010, 01:36
I took my 01 LB7 to the Chevy dealer to have them scan my truck per service bulletin 03-06-04-045. This is the diagnostic table for codes P0093 and P1093. It should tell you if you have bad injectors, ecm, fprv, or fuel pressure reg.:(

After 5 days, they concluded that my injector pump is bad. Would this cause this code and send the truck in limp mode?:(

I have no smoke or fuel in the oil. I can clear the code on the fly using my OBD II tester. Does not idle badly. :p

I guess my problem is this. If the pump is bad, it must not be getting desired pressure. If so, how can you have excess bypass fuel? :confused:

Has anyone else had this problem. I have not seen any other post about this. :o

I am in So. Cal. (Riverside) and could not find any other person to test my truck that has all the right test equipment.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if pump is bad, where is the least expensive place to get one.:o
kenh1@aol.com

Chevy family and proud of it
01 white Silverado 2500HD Duramax
02 bright red Impala
09 aqua blue HHR

Kennedy
10-19-2010, 13:20
Very common. I have cured many without the need for pump or injectors. Some spent money on pumps and injectors first and did not cure teh problem. Others fixed without the need and saved their money for lift pump, filtration, etc.:

http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showthread.php?p=274661#post274661

kenh1
10-19-2010, 16:35
Please inform me and pretend like I know nothing about diesels.(Which is pretty much true). Are you saying that reprogramming my ECM will fix my problems?

Kennedy
10-20-2010, 06:39
My preference would be to keep all discussion in the other thread so that others coming here with the same problem can find in one thread versus spread around. My goal is to not have to spend a half hour to an hour on the phone each time a common issue comes up. I'm not trying to be evasive, lazy, or rude. I'm simply trying to free myself up to do the work etc.

I have a fairly extensive list of people with 2001's that I have helped in this manner and at least two of these guys commented in teh thread I linked. The original poster spelled out quite a bit of detail.

Again, this is simply a polite way of saying use the search function. If we build 6 different threads with lengthy discussion the next guy has even more trouble sorting out the details.

P.S. I'm in the office most days 8-5 M-F answering the phone

3A703
11-06-2010, 18:14
After reading your post it brings me back to the year that I just spent trying to fix my 01 Duramax, All new injectors, new fprv, new ECM, All new fuel lines, and still after all of that still had the P0093 code problem, I like you could reset it every time but it sure was a pain. And finally yesterday I put in a new Injection Pump and guess what it has never run any better. I purchased it in SLC at Wally's Injection Service for $675.00 and me and my friend installed it in about 6 hours. I had quotes of $1500 installed. I think I did pretty good!!!:)