PDA

View Full Version : almost lost you...6.2

4boltmainiac
10-21-2010, 02:36
In the past few months I have heard so much arm chair quaterbackin (not Here) about a 83 6.2 in a chevy swb. Lucky for me I have to dig out the truth good or bad when it comes to a vehicle I own. Bought a truck from my neighbor that had a clutch/drivetrain issue plus gave the poor sob a fit! they said she was dead, finito, no mas... Undaunted I took the a**chewing from the ol lady(quote "That POS will never run and you wastin$$$$! 4 wks later I got her to fire up after fixin an airlocked injector pump,glow controller connector no. 6 ground wire was cut right at the top of connector and this is a tuff part to find for the nubie... got lucky against odds and scoreds a connector out of a 82 diesel at pick in pull. dropped 4 spd and repaired all linkage and operating members of the clutch along with new trans mounts and a torquing of the motor mounts, hunted down a clutch fork that was built the way this truck is solid made right here and a new return spring,got a new starter too since i dropped trans anyway. with help from myn 83 shop manual and the diesel page publication troubleshooting 6.2 plus trial and error fixed the glow plug loop changed both fuel filters bled injectors (truck sat a year) re routed all emission hoses(calif) sniffed out one weak battery causing weak glow cycles and she fired up with authority!! the whole lot of naysayers watched me toil late into the night frustrated as hell for weeks! i kept it up with passion and now she is a beast! YES! Thanks diesel forum for havin the right answer and right way to do it... love to hear som e similar stories bout your 6.2 if I aint bored ya to death with this book I wrote. wrenchin hands on always trumps desktop gossip predictions as it should be... get back on the wrench and get dirty for the glory of a repair people!!! Laters, 4BM 83 chvy scottsdale,K10, swb,6.2na,4spd w o/d,ac,pw,pdl,tilt,cs,tow,twotonepant,cc,chrome package,15x8 alloys,auto lock hubs(208),soundproofing,skid plates,dual fueltanks the kitchen sink baby!!

crashz
10-22-2010, 11:37
Welcome 4BM!

There are those in life that see the glass as half empty and those who see it as half full. The majority on here are the later. Thats what seperates this group and forum from many others. Never seen such a hard working and knowledgable group of folks.

Sounds like you'll fit right in!! :)